discussions specific to the 907IE
515moto
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Front Tire Change

Post by 515moto »

Hey Paso Purists -
I don't have a front lift.
How are you raising the front of the bike off the ground to remove the wheel?

Thanks!
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: Front Tire Change

Post by Mc tool »

I use the centre stand and put some weight on the back of the seat to lift front off ground . You could put the car jack under the front of the motor too.( I used to sit it under the front header pipe . I never had an issue but its the old story ... wouldn't recommend it and don't tell anybody I did it :D )
Just gotta think about what your doing as there are several ways this can turn to shit real fast ( all of them involving gravity ).....the #1 being somehow rolling forward off the centre stand....worse if the wheel is off . If you have never taken the wheel off before I would suggest removing the front fender bolts and moving it up out of the way ..... makes getting the wheel in and out a lot easier . You will also have to remove the brake calipers . You dont have to disconnect the hoses but dont let the caliper dangle off the hose when they are off , better to tie them up with string or wire . And you will have to rock the calipers so as to push the pistons back into the caliper or they wont clear the rim when you try to take them off. Dont forget to pump the pistons back out after refitting or you will find yourself with no front brakes when you get to the end of your driveway..... :oops:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Janky59

Post by Janky59 »

If you have a way to pull from above, if you have an open ceiling, I use a hoist and a strap run thru the steering neck to lift the front up. The bike would be on the center stand for a tire change. Any more extensive work and I put jack stands under each frame rail, see attached pic.
IMG_0670.jpeg
IMG_0670.jpeg (258.58 KiB) Viewed 173 times
Current moto stable:
‘21 Beta 390RS
‘18 BMW R1200RT
‘11 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 EVO
‘92 Ducati 907ie
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

😁, I have used my engine crane to lift whole bikes up on to a bench , (cant get them up a ramp so the "skyhook " is real handy )
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

:) ;) :cool: :lol: the Janky way
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie