Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: 1993 Ducati 907ie

Post by Rhino »

If Steve can have a look it would be a whole lot easier, he's up there and I'm in London (or West Wales) however if Steve can't make it I will be happy to pop up and check it out. I must say it sounds like a good buy IF it does have all the paper to back up the mileage and if it has a stamped up service book. My first big bike was a 750 Paso so I'd be only too pleased to check it out. It seems like a very good buy and it is very unlikely you'll find one much cheaper BUT you might well find one for similar money much closer to you which would make it cheaper.

As I said (above) I'd be happy to store it for you if you needed her stored until you worked out how to get her home. It will cost you about £150 to have it shipped to my garages in Wales (they are very secure and she'd have good company ;) ). You can leave her there as long as you like - there's plenty of room for more Ducatis!! I'll add her to my insurance policy for theft and accidental damage and you just pick her up or ship her whenever you like. If you transport her over I'll supervise the loading myself.

If you want my advice (you're going to get it anyway) I'd turn up in person with £1200 or £1300 in notes and watch him squirm. Trying to sell a Paso . . . in mid-winter . . . and you show him cash . . . he'd bite your arm off!! He had NO INTEREST on e-bay so he'd be only too pleased to move it on. However he will know that if you've come all the way from Italy to buy it you won't go home without it so he won't move on the price once you're there. Your best tactic might be to tell him before you travel that you want him to knock £200 off the price to help towards your travel costs. Just a thought.

Happy to check her out for you Francesco if Steve can't do it.

Has it got a toolkit . . . . . . . . ???????????
Rhino

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

and if it has a stamped up service book.
That`s a good one. I`ve never seen a Paso which such thing. (or any other bike)

Another fact the guy has to consider is that if he sells a bike on ebay he will not get what it`s listed for as he has topay fees.

I just noticed Francesco, maybe you should buy it - shipping costs to Italy are stated as GBP 10. Now that`s a bargain ! ;)

G.
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rhino »

IF this has worked G . . .

It should show the the cover of the Service Book for my 907ie, the inside page and a completed page showing a record of the service and who completed it. I thought that all Ducatis came with these. My 750 Paso had one, my 907 does (obviously) and so does my 851 though I cannot find one for my 916s.

A VERY important document.
Rhino

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

I`m impressed ! :thumbup: I`ve never seen one of those on an 80/90s bike.

G.