750 paso chain adjustment

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

tallalf
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

750 paso chain adjustment

Post by tallalf »

Hi have just picked up a 1987 750 Paso after years of searching in Canada. Lovely bike and in good repair. However, it does need to have the chain adjusted and I am unable to unlock the 17mm sockets. The manual states that the procedure is to first unlock the 17 mm socket bolts, then the set screws holding the rear clamp and then adjust the chain. I have soaked the 17mm ones with wd40 and tried an impact wrench with no luck. I live close to Toronto, Canada so if there is another Paso owner in the area or a mechanic that can help I would really appreciate a call or message.
New and delighted Paso owner.
dross1
year: 1988

Re: 750 paso chain adjustment

Post by dross1 »

Nice job on the great find! Perhaps we could see some pictures one day! In regards to the adjuster, do you happen to have a breaker bar? When I use to work as a mechanic there were many times when the impact failed to do its job. I really stopped using them because of it- haha! I know it's a silly question, but you never know.

I would try a breaker bar and that should do the trick. Just be ginger with it! Good luck!

:beer:
Dustin

(Ducati's I use to own)
1988 Ducati Paso 750 #

1988 Ducati Paso 750 #28
tallalf
year: 1986

Re: 750 paso chain adjustment

Post by tallalf »

Code: Select all

Thanks,
I think the combination of WD40, a couple hits with the impact wrench last evening helped. I borrowed a breaker bar from my friend this afternoon and, voila, the 17 were loose. Chain is now adjusted.
Many thanks. It seems I have to register with Photobucket before I post any pics. Be patient.
Again thanks for the advice.
Boyd