How many 750 & 906 Pasos in the U.S. & Canada?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

scimmione
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

How many 750 & 906 Pasos in the U.S. & Canada?

Post by scimmione »

Anyone have an idea how many? I've checked registry sites to no avail. I know DucatiPaso.org has over 1500 members, but how many actually own & ride a Paso?
Wish I'd bought the 990 years ago
bobst2
year: 1988

Re: How many 750 & 906 Pasos in the U.S. & Canada?

Post by bobst2 »

i here there are a couple here in vancouver b.c. stopped by a dealer(non ducati) last year and the owner had been in the buissness over 24 years & he said mine was only the second one he had ever come across.
it was funny he was with a customer when i pulled up & he totaly walked away from them & walked right over to me. ( i guess the italian girle stole his attenion lol)
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

my personal count is 3 soon to be 4
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
scimmione

Post by scimmione »

You guys are very helpful, thank you. :drunk:
Wish I'd bought the 990 years ago
loki1957

Post by loki1957 »

I've got one and ride it all summer
stigonpaso
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by stigonpaso »

I have never seen one on the road. I know of 3 906s in the Bay Area, mine included and one 750.

The Paso is a rare bike... I wonder if or when they will be a collectable classic. They have reached cult status in my opinion.
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

I have always loved them, but the Pasos are the less appreciated Ducati.
Keep just in mind the F1 750 used to cost, when new, less than a Paso 750.
Now, I think a F1 750 is worth four time as large...
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
pasoalf

Post by pasoalf »

My first Ducati was a Mike Hailwood Replica II which I bought brand-new. One of the most beautiful classic bikes. Unfortunately not driveable ….. After that, the Bimota DB1 aperad. My mechanic offered me to drive it. Great thing, but I didn’t have the money at that time .
When the Paso came out my Mechanic always offered me to drive it, mentioning that the Paso was the better bike that the DB1. But I refused several times mentioning that I would not ride an ugly bike like this....
One day I did it… two weeks later I changed the Replica against the Paso. I don't recall, even the Replica values today a multiple. Fun you can't pay…!!!!!!
With a few modification the Paso is a perfect bike. After “the upgrade”with a 780 kit I was also happy with the power of the bike. The sound of a Paso with GiaCAMoto pipes is the best I’ve ever heard. So never mind about ignorants…. Take advantage of the situation like I did. I got a nice 906 in top condition for little money. Those which drove ones a Paso knows: I’ts one of the best Ducatis.
Even today many new bikers are watching the rear view of my “old” Paso.
Paso 750/ 1987
Paso 906/ 1992
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

pasoalf wrote:My first Ducati was a Mike Hailwood Replica II which I bought brand-new. One of the most beautiful classic bikes. Unfortunately not driveable ….. After that, the Bimota DB1 aperad. My mechanic offered me to drive it. Great thing, but I didn’t have the money at that time .
When the Paso came out my Mechanic always offered me to drive it, mentioning that the Paso was the better bike that the DB1. But I refused several times mentioning that I would not ride an ugly bike like this....
One day I did it… two weeks later I changed the Replica against the Paso. I don't recall, even the Replica values today a multiple. Fun you can't pay…!!!!!!
With a few modification the Paso is a perfect bike. After “the upgrade”with a 780 kit I was also happy with the power of the bike. The sound of a Paso with GiaCAMoto pipes is the best I’ve ever heard. So never mind about ignorants…. Take advantage of the situation like I did. I got a nice 906 in top condition for little money. Those which drove ones a Paso knows: I’ts one of the best Ducatis.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
stigonpaso
year: 1990

Post by stigonpaso »

pasoalf wrote:My first Ducati was a Mike Hailwood Replica II which I bought brand-new. One of the most beautiful classic bikes. Unfortunately not driveable ….. After that, the Bimota DB1 aperad. My mechanic offered me to drive it. Great thing, but I didn’t have the money at that time .
:beer: :beer:

Have the looks grown on you? The looks are what did it for me. I have yet to ride the bike and I have never ridden a Paso before but still I'm head over heels in love with the machine. It gives me a fizzy feeling :shock: in Piedmont, Italy you would say COUNTACH!
Witzie
year: 1989

Post by Witzie »

I have been riding motorcycle for 27 years now and this is my first Ducati and i can say I also fell in love with the looks, the sounds, the smell, everything..... Although it is not my fastest bike ever and certainly not he most reliable, it is still growing on me. I can not say this will be the last Ducati, lots of other classic models from Ducati appeal to me but the Paso will always have something special. Even when they came out back in the eighties I thought it was one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen but i did not have the money then. Now in Holland it is one of the cheapest used Ducati's on the market. Also the fact that it is Italian... I love almost everything that comes from Italy, every year we spend some weeks in Italy. Toscane, Umbria, Le Marche, Rome, Venezia, Sienna, Firenze, Lago di Garda, you name it. We have Italian friends there we can visit, I speak a bit Italian, I love the food ( there's more than pizza, I can tell you). When we come back from the holidays, at least there is a peace of Italy waiting for me.

Ciao a tutti in Italia! Ci vediamo dopo!

:cool:
Kawasaki 250 Mach1 1977, Honda CB125T 1978, Kawasaki Z400J 1981,
Kawasaki Z700 1987, Kawasaki ZL1000 1990, Ducati PASO 750 1990, Ducati 900ss 1994,
Kawasaki ZZR1100 1993, Ducati Paso 906 1989
dross1

Post by dross1 »

Well to answer your question, I have no idea how many are in the US and Canada. However, I can tell you that I have 2 1988 Blue Paso 750's in my garage. One in perfect condition I was using as a daily driver (till I decided it would be worth it to drain the fluids and park the bike and pick up a newer Ducati) and another that I am restoring. So you can put two into the Binghamton area of NY.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Dustin

(Ducati's I use to own)
1988 Ducati Paso 750 #

1988 Ducati Paso 750 #28
S-Boat

Post by S-Boat »

I just picked up an "88" Limited, so as soon as I get some new tires and belts, one more will be on the road.