discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: weber what if ?

Post by higgy »

the addition of a grose jet will solve most float drop issues and they are cheap at about 20USD
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

More on my speeding ticket.........
I found a lawyer in Norfolk willing to represent me for 150.00. Much more reasonable.

I sent him a copy of my spotless 10 year driving record, he asked for 5 years reccomended 7 I sent him 10.
His thoughts are it will either be reduced to a local offense with maybe a 300 dollar fine and I will have to take an online remedial drivers retraining class and pass for 35.00. Or since I have a clean record going back 10 years the judge may throw it out altogether.
I will find out on the evening of the 18th when the hearing is scheduled to be

When I told him, about the first lawyer wanting 1000.00 to go beg on my behalf he laughed and said He would certainly accept my 1000.00 if I felt the need to pay pentence for my federal misdemeanor offense.
Can you believe it,speeding is a federal offense in Virginia, How absurd is that ?

The worst of all this, Lockheed laid me off over it pending the outcome,WTF for a speeding ticket ?
9 weeks on the road working 65 to 80 hours 6 days a week and traveling on Sunday,I even had to sleep in an airport due to a canceled flight and they lay me off over a speeding ticket ?

WTF !!!!!
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Turin
year: 1991

Post by Turin »

Update. With Jays jetting suggestions and Higgys page of mods + green dyna coils she ran pretty well. I was going to grind on my pump cam, but decided to try to skin the cat another way, since the theory is that the pump cam squirts in too much fuel. Out came the hole saw! :lol: I put 6 two inch holes in the airbox cover and went for a ride. The miss is gone and she pulls like a little freight train. In third gear I let the RPMs drop to about 2000 and whacked open the throttle. She pulled cleanly through 6000 rpm.
Occupants of my Island of misfit toys:
'00 MG Quota, '97 MG Daytona RS, '87 MG Lemans SE, '75 MG 850 T, '69 MG Ambassador, '96 Triumph D1200, 91 Duc 907 IE
1986 Guzzi BOTT Racer
jayh
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by jayh »

Hard Acceleration has never been a problem with the weber.The problem is small throttle openings with too much juice being supplied.The real test is how it rides in traffic and around town once hot. J.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

Yes and below 2000 rpm is where the issue generally occurs
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

higgy wrote:The worst of all this, Lockheed laid me off over it pending the outcome,WTF for a speeding ticket ?

WTF !!!!!
Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face, Im pretty sure that will be their loss Higgy.
If this farcical ticket is actually thrown out all together , do you get the opportunity to sue lockheed for lost income.
As a show of support I will not ride in virginia :lol:
all the best with this Higgy
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Turin
year: 1991

Post by Turin »

As long as I turned the throttle slowly it was allright. too much gas and she would fall on her face at slow speeds. I've put a couple of hundred miles on her this week in the HOT arizona weather. Shortest ride as 25 miles w/stop and go traffic. Last nights air box butcher idiot fix has me pretty pleased. I think grinding on the pump cam would refine her even more. It's going to be 110 degrees plus here this week, so futher testing will have to wait.
Occupants of my Island of misfit toys:
'00 MG Quota, '97 MG Daytona RS, '87 MG Lemans SE, '75 MG 850 T, '69 MG Ambassador, '96 Triumph D1200, 91 Duc 907 IE
1986 Guzzi BOTT Racer
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

As a show of support I will not ride in virginia :lol:
all the best with this Higgy

AH,Geee thanks Mctool...I think

Anyway, tickey was reduced to "improper driving " so counting the lawyer fee it comes to $410.00 and 3 points

a lot easier to deal with,but still no picnic. 3 points added in Virginia,don't yet know if it gets transfered to my Pa license :banghead: Don't think I'll be driving in Virginia anytime soon either. :beer: :beer:

As far as lockheed goes,se la vi, after 9 weeks with not even one day off,i'm not going to miss it.The money was good but the program was gruelling,something else more suitable will come along :thumbup:
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

I`ll join McTool in his silent protest. :mrgreen:
That`s ridiculous.

G.
jfiore
year: 0

Post by jfiore »

I just want to say thanks to Jay for the best tuning tip I've yet seen. After many hours of swapping jets, modifying emulsion tubes, trying different aux venturies, etc., only to have the infamous Weber stumble continue to frustrate my efforts to correct it - changing the pump cam profile did the trick! The bike runs smoothly all across the rev range and at all throttle openings.

Great tip!
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

Great news J, know you have been playing with yours for a while. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
jayh

Post by jayh »

Thanks Jfiore, I poured a heap of time and money into trying to isolate the problem and wrecked my new paint job taking the tank on and off all the time,it makes it worth it if I'm sure that it's going to help others.there's always the nagging doubt that maybe what worked for me might not for others.Your confirmation is gold cheers. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just as an afterthought perhaps your current jetting and setup might be helpful to others.Did you follow my cam profile or file your own profile ? Jay.

Yeah and in protest for Higgy,let's declare the state of Virginia a Paso free zone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jfiore
year: 0

Post by jfiore »

I sympathize with the paint issues, I've also ruined mine due to excessive removal/install, as well as requiring a new set of well-nuts.

I used a cam profile similar to yours, but I haven't measured the exact distances. I removed material so that the pump doesn't start until about 20 degrees of throttle rotation, and extended the ramp by about the same amount. Like I said, similar to yours, but probably not exact.

My jetting is: Idle - 0.060; Main - 0.165; Air Corrector - 185; Aux Venturi - 4.0 (although 4.5 was also tried with very little difference, possibly better throttle response with the 4.0s); emulsion tubes - F25 modified with two additional 1.00 mm holes above the standard top row, and two additional 1.18 mm holes below the standard bottom row; standard exhaust with K&N filter, additional holes in the airbox face.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

Yeah and in protest for Higgy,let's declare the state of Virginia a Paso free zone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumbup:

I plan to revisit my jetting settings soon as I can find a pair of F27,seems they have become difficult to find :banghead:
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
jayh

Post by jayh »

I'm really curious about how the weber will work with just the pump cam done Higgy.Too late for mine,my E-tubes look like blocks of swiss cheese.I played around with everything , before I figured out the cam was causing a lot of the problem. :banghead: as far as the F27 goes you might be able to make something similar to the f27 by looking at the other e tubes of similar design that are available still.

Thanks for that Jfiore,your jetting is similar to mine.I didn't think the cam modification was a really critical thing,it seems to be just getting rid of that early dose of fuel is the important thing. J.