Yamasuzihoncati?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

davidhughrose

Re: Yamasuzihoncati?

Post by davidhughrose »

Tony - your creativity and hard work give me faith that the paso will live on for many more years. What about electrics? Stock coils, voltage regulator, wiring, etc?

Dave
desmodave
year: 0

Post by desmodave »

amphilex wrote:yep, I would be keen to see some pasos together in one spot,any of you chch lads going on the burt munro?
hey lads ejoy! and dont run over any of those kakapos(walking parrots) i was watching on uk tv the other night......desmodave.
silverfox
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by silverfox »

Yeah, stock coils.
Replaced regulator with an aftermarket one - stock are rubbish.
Voltage sensor wire (for charging) used to come from the instrument panel but the voltage drop meant that it always over charged.
I run a voltmeter on the dashboard - good indication of charging state.
I have replaced instrument warning lights with bright LEDs.
Headlight from fz750.
Air horns.

Roll on summer! its snowing again - so much for spring weather

Amphilex
Not sure about Munro rally but if your passing thru Ch-ch let me know, ride part way or meet on your way down................

Tony
davidhughrose

Post by davidhughrose »

Tony,

Which regulator are you using? Electrex... Honda CX500...?
I assume you rerouted your voltage sensor wire?
Like the volt meter idea; I assume you mounted it next to the panel somewhere?... what brand/model?

I'm chipping away at an electrical problem with my 88 Paso, as you probably know. Fried the wire between the volt regulator and battery, and now I've found some melted connections between the alternator and volt regulator, but I'm guessing there will be more interesting 'finds.'

Dave
crmac

Post by crmac »

silverfox wrote: So, how many Paso's and Sports are there in Christchurch, would be great to have a run together sometime............. :thumbup:

Tony
Another ChCh Paso owner here :thumbup:
I've got a blue 906 that has been 'resting' for about 10 years.
I'm currently working on a 17" conversion. She's totally stripped, blasted, powder coated etc.
I'm just about to start the rebuild. My plan is to get her on the race track - racing in pre '89 class.
I must say it is great to see so many pasos in ChCH.
silverfox
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by silverfox »

Meter on the instrument panel

is a "Datel" "DC VOLT METER" "4.50-19.99V"

The switch to the side of it turns on the voltmeter and the clock - don't like that going all the time - excuse the pun.

Regulator

not sure of the brand - works well.

Just failed a Warrant of Fitness, no not on the wheels and brake calipers - on the headlight and taillights.
For those that don't know, all the power goes from the batt thru a 15amp fuse, off to the key (2 connectors) back from the key to the fuse panel(2 connectors) then ONE wire feeds the headlight(high and low), indicators,horn,tail and brake lights and the fuel pump - and thru multiple connectors.
This all adds up to a huge voltage drop and poor lights.
Solution - take the feed from the key (contacts in key must get dirty/worn) and instead of feeding power to the bike, use this feed to operate a relay - use the relay to feed power for the bike directly from the battery(fused of cause).
Now run an extra wire from the fuse panel (7.5amp fuse) and run it directly (no connectors) to the power wire at the headlight switch. All of a sudden you have a bright white headlight, the fuel pump doesn't slow down every time you put on the indicators and the taillight stops flashing - YES ! :smoke:
Passed warrant :thumbup:
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Adding such "main relay" for 750 Paso is very good idea, as then keylock dont need to handle so big current, what is most common problem for failed key locks. I added also one relay for coils, that they get full voltage. :smoke:

That your regulator seems to be Shindengen(jap brand), what is used widely in newer Ducati modells.

How much such LED voltage meter coast in USA? Any links to sellers web pages? Any sources from EU area? I have seen some with LCD display, but they are quite high priced...

Here its possible to buy such digital voltage meter what is WITH some "not so accurate" fuel mixture meter, but problem is that it is round shape and mounting hole diameter is about 52mm, so its very difficult to put such to bike... :,(
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Finnpaso wrote:That your regulator seems to be Shindengen(jap brand), what is used widely in newer Ducati modells.
Yes, Shindengen. Better than the stock Ducatis.
Very nice that voltmeter, no matter about the exactness. I don't think it would be a problem.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019