discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

20YearOwner
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Golden Tire !!

Post by 20YearOwner »

Golden Tire:

Please let me know how these tires work for you.

20yearowner

Best Regards,
20YearOwner

Post by 20YearOwner »

I purchase one (1) rear tire in March 2013 to give the Golden Tire a try, so far I have 2,000 miles without any problems.

Best,
:)
sv2dfu

Post by sv2dfu »

Hi fellow PASO riders! Just tried the new tyres for about a week, after a complete restore of my 750.
Location Greece, temps as expected for season, around 25~30deg Celcius.
I want to say outfront that I am no speed demon and my riding could not be described as extreme.
Also, bike is completely standard, no modifications on wheels, brakes or suspensions.
Now, about tyres:

I did almost a 1000km, and can say that am totally happy with them.
They warm up easy (in my area climate anyway), and hold their grip exceptionally!
I tried a few hard brakings, straight and in turns and was amazed by the feeling of safety, no change of attitude.
Bike just stayed in turn, slowing down, that's all!
In straight upright position no blocking, in line completely, you can just feel the rear wheel becoming lighter.
Considering the 16'' front whell size, steering is great, what anyone of us would expect anyway from this size.
More willing to change direction than my FZ750 (sorry, but this is the only other bike I have that I can use for reference :-)), but then again the FZ is a complete bitch in turning.. anything would be more willing that that! ha ha
From my point of view, I think it's ok, compensating for the robust handling of the rest of our bike.
Changing direction in turns, pure joy with complete control. Never felt nervous in any way.
I don't know how a modern superbike performs(actually I don't care), but I can say that I am happy with my new bike/tyres combination. She is giving to me exactly what she was designed to provide to the rider:
Grand Tourism (gt) performance with a sence of excellence, not easily found nowadays!
New lease of life! I love her!

Hope I helped
Best regards

Peter