Another Paso added to the family :D

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

dross1
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Another Paso added to the family :D

Post by dross1 »

Hey everyone! Been a long while since I posted on here. Christmas I added another 88 Paso 750 to the family. Bought it for $150.00! Last on the road in 2006 and the transmission went on it. Sounds like a bad bearing to me and had the intentions of tearing right into it. However the nice weather is here and I find myself taking my Paso out of storage for the summer :beer:

Ok so back to the new Paso. I am going to tear everything apart on it. Sent out the fairings to my friend to fix the blemishes, marks, scratches, etc. on it. He did a great job matching the paint on my bike and figure for 100$ he can fix this whole thing! Now I want to pull everything apart and do a full restoration on this. What is the best way in going about getting the motor painted? I want to get fresh black on it so it shines. I know the motor is good, that much I do know! Figuring on powder coating the frame, chroming the swing arm, and re-finishing the wheels.

I figure having a 2nd blue paso 750 on the road, and in the same garage, is awesome! Has anyone ever done a full restoration (assuming people have)? Wondering a bit on cost, figuring I need the rear shock (missing), throttle handle bar, new gauge display, and then got the rest covered from spare parts. Looked on eBay and I think I can do those for under $200.00. Doing quick math I am thinking I can spend under 1,000 on the whole thing and have another running bike! Does this sound impractical? Also anyone ever taken apart the transmissions on these?

Thanks everyone!

Dustin
Dustin

(Ducati's I use to own)
1988 Ducati Paso 750 #

1988 Ducati Paso 750 #28
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Re: Another Paso added to the family :D

Post by ducinthebay »

I think I have set of bars in the garage that I won't be using. There's your first $50.
Good to see another with two bikes of the same in the garage.

Cheers,
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
Duc906
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by Duc906 »

Hi Dustin
Congrats on your purchase, I rebuilt my engine a couple of years back. I completely stripped the engine from my 906, sand blasted off all the old paint & corrosion, and coated it with high temp brake caliper paint. It's still looking really good, I'm sure there is other coatings out there that you could use. The thread is here:
http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3728
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

I did a full rebuild. The costs depend on the detail you go into and if you "just" fix or change parts or do a bolt down restoration. It`ll always depend on your own standards.
Finding a Paso for 150 is sensational, congrats !

G.
dross1

Post by dross1 »

Initially the owner wanted $1,000 for it. I inquired when I first saw it because I wanted just some parts (back in September) and he didn't want to part the bike. No one came along and he wanted it gone when Christmas was coming so he called me up and I took it!

I don't know if I would do a full-blown resto. I think I would just do the essentials and then cosmetics. I am waiting for my panels to get back from my friend and then start setting money aside for the engine work/shock.
Dustin

(Ducati's I use to own)
1988 Ducati Paso 750 #

1988 Ducati Paso 750 #28
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Great purchase, above all for a blue metallic one.
Congrats :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
dross1

Post by dross1 »

Hey everyone! So I already have started to rebuild on the newest paso and realized that eBay is limited on what I may need. Are there any other websites that sell Paso parts? Or perhaps parts that are interchangeable? I figured I'd come here first and ask before I do hours of searches. I know eBay is hit or miss, luckily I have managed to find the lines, shock/spring, and few other miscellaneous electrical components on eBay.

I plan on making this Paso better than my current one (though knowing me all the newer parts will go on my first Paso) haha!

Thanks everyone!
Dustin

(Ducati's I use to own)
1988 Ducati Paso 750 #

1988 Ducati Paso 750 #28