907 EPROM

discussions specific to the 907IE
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: 907 EPROM

Post by persempre907 »

The 023U is the USA kind of the chip with a leaner carburation.
The 023 is the EU kind a little bit richer.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
du907

Post by du907 »

Here is a EPROM programmer that I got off of ebay. As I stated in the posting above I adjusted my TPS and balanced my throttle bodies. When you adjust the TPS you never can get it exactly back the way it was. So after getting everything adjusted my 907 was running way to lean. So I needed to get a chip that would make my engine run richer across the board. So a fellow on the internet offered a couple of bin files that he had made custom for his 907. I researched the OEM chip and model number and bought some locally and programmed them. The chip works great as stated in the posting above with the dyno chart. Anyway, enclosed is a picture of the programmer. It is an Enhanced Willem EPROM programmer. It comes with the windows software and both serial and USB connectors and cables. You can use either one, I just have them both plugged in for illustration purposes. You put the chip into the light green socket in the middle and set the dip switches according to the software. The LEDs are indicators for the voltages and etc. It has been awhile since I did this and I am no expert so I wouldn't be a good source for questions. I just thought this might help.

Rasser
year: 0

Post by Rasser »

Hi,

On my 907 I earlier this year gave up a bit on the mini MyP8 as I could not get it to run properly. Have an LC-1 O-2 sensor and plan to get the Optimizer over Winter and give it another try. I think mainly my ignition table was wrong, and I tried many.

In the meantime I have borrowed a USBIII Power Commander and wonder if any of you have a proper working map for it?

I have used it with both my FIM chip and with the original 023 lately using the LC-1 to indicate a direction, but have not had on a dyno which seem to be the way to go.

Per
Copenhagen,
Denmark
Shelboss
year: 1991

Post by Shelboss »

I recently rebuilt my motor because I couldn't get it to run steady with the FIM chip, very jerky except at full throttle. After the rebuild to 944 cc and 10.5 compression, it still didn't run right. I ordered a custom chip from FBF for $150 US and the bike runs great now! I was able to give them all the modifications and based on their extensive dyno testing they gave me something that is pretty close to optimal. I have been getting 50 mpg at 80mph on the highway with a 39 tooh rear sprocket as well. Well worth the money!
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Tamburinifan »

We dont care about mileage, give us the hp/torque numbers! ;) :lol: `

Just saw was is possible in chiptuning nowadays.
My friend, who`s turned into an ECU wizard, showed his latest tricks on my bike w the P7.

First, w a chip emulator & Tuneboy, he was mapping the bike while it was running!
We altered idle fuel to check for real.
Second, he put in a chip w a larger 4k bit chip on top of that. W just an electronic switch,
he switched from the complete (fuel, ignition, start map etc) E23 map to whole FIM map, then to next and so on, 5 in total. And, while the bike was running! One could have up to 16 chips/whole maps in one chip. :shock:
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07
blazing928

Post by blazing928 »

Local Oz product
http://www.bikeinterceptor.com/products ... nterceptor

You add it into the system, splicing into [by connector] the fuel injection wire to the injector. Basic only adjusts fuel, advanced unit also does ignition.
I gather you would need a O2 sensor, or a sensor in the exhaust.
I saw it on the race super bike, Motologic, and it certainly looked pretty with all the graphs etc.
Has a USB stick as the data logger, so you can check out the performance after.
AUD$550. This may be the next toy :evil:
The talked about the ECU chips having to satisfy emmissions more than performance, so most bikes run lean midrange so to pass the tests. I would think that this would apply to our 907s

I am having valves adjusted and the TPS, throttle bodies set up, pick it up tommorrow.
Its interesting that the mechanic said usually he sets up mixture by riding the bike to get the best result! [different company to the interceptor business]
Nigel

91 907IE - full restoration
91 907IE Red, Wilbers, Staintune Conti, Corbin,
MPL Slipper,Ceramic exhaust

Lambretta LI150 S3
87 928S4

http://www.paolopirozzi.com/it/ - around the world on a Multistrada

907, its not a bike , its a cult
NickRP

Post by NickRP »

higgy wrote:His device setup and program is for a sister family of motorola chips MC6803. We need a similar setup for the MC68703 family. The device I am looking into
currently sells for 39US and is said to be able to read the MC68703 family.
A few years ago, I was after a method to dump MC68705 for the same purpose i.e. reversing Digiplex 2S and Microplex S ignition ECUs (Microplex is very similar to Digiplex, but has, in addition, support for knock retard and a MAP sensor that can read positive pressures, as it was used on turbo units). I was mainly looking for a commercially available unit to do so, to no avail. There is no "official" method to dump internal EPROM of 68705 series MCU. The bootloader program can only write to internal EPROM, but was not designed read and output its contents. However, since this MCU was widely used and analyzed, a tiny bug in the bootloader code was found, so there is still a way (or two) to obtain the dump. Not for the faint hearted, though.
One way: http://matthieu.benoit.free.fr/pdf/How% ... 0EPROM.pdf
On the same webpage, there is a schematic of adapter to dump the MCU:
http://matthieu.benoit.free.fr/stag/68mr00.htm

These guys (based in the US) can produce dumps or burn new contents at reasonable cost:
http://www.lucidtechnologies.info/dev_services.htm

Once a correct dump is obtained, other reversing steps are not so complicated.

Some further information on Microplex/Digiplex ignition ECUs can be found here:
http://www.100prozentoffner.at/index.php?id=78
The guy had his Microplex MCU (MC68705R3) dumped, and then had analyzed the code sufficiently to identify the main maps. Using this information, I have successfully reprogrammed a Microplex unit for E85 fuel.

This is my Microplex:

I am quite familiar with MC68xx assembly language programing and disassembling, so I could assist should you have some specific questions, but as said, first step is to get the dump.

I have a few Ducati IAW dumps, but I believe they are all stock. I am always looking forward to receive new ones :). I can also dump IAW EPROMs using a regular EPROM programmer, so I could assist here as well. I am based in Europe, though.
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

Hi Nick,
great to know you manage to do such work.
I guess, once you have dumped the stock map, the next step is improve it.
Here, there will be many variables depending by the shape of the engine, its modifications (mufflers, air filter...) etc.

Interesting work, but hard, too :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .
I would'nt know where to begin... So, let me/us know.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
BMW R Nine t 2019
NickRP

Post by NickRP »

In experience the hardest part was to understand how the maps are structured and what real world meaning have the values stored in EPROM.

As I was mapping a particular engine in its final configuration, it was relatively easy to end up with a good configuration within reasonable time. I was observing AFR with wideband sensor and knocking with earphones connected to a knock sensor via earphone amplifier. For my (automotive) application it worked like a charm.

Nick
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Tamburinifan »

Always nice w in depth info! :)

In experience the hardest part was to understand how the maps are structured and what real world meaning have the values stored in EPROM.
Can you see & explain how the start is handled, + the parameters involved, in a P7 map?

Have you tried Tunerpro?
Any particular Duc IAW maps you`re looking for?
What bike do you have?
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07
nnnnnnorman
model: 906 Paso

Post by nnnnnnorman »

happy new year antti may spring come early to finland! :thumbup: :cool: :)
1990 906 paso red and white
1991 906 paso black and gold
1997 ST2 red
2004 ccm r30 with 710 conversion
175 moto morini road race replica
a box of bits r100 bmw scrambler project
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
a non running xt600...stator needed
907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by 907pasonut »

hi all...I finally replaced the chip, a ferracci stage one (exhaust only chip), re-assembled everything put my helmet and gloves on turn the key...no FI pump...starter motor ok :dunno:
...then I thaught the chip must be the wrong way around, turn chip around, tried again...still no go :huh:
...fit old chip back on, no problem, fired up straight away :dunno:
obviously the chip has some sort of brain damage...after all this time I was looking forward to try it out :banghead:

this chip was from FUEL INJECTED MOTORCYCLES
BPS 0% Staintune 907

new chip FBF stage one

Looks like it will be a few weeks before they will send another one, so much for their quality control :wacko:
Last edited by 907pasonut on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Claude.

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

:,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,(

Let us know about the replacement...
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
BMW R Nine t 2019
Jaffa

Post by Jaffa »

907pasonut wrote:hi all...I finally replaced the chip, a ferracci stage one (exhaust only chip), re-assembled everything put my helmet and gloves on turn the key...no FI pump...starter motor ok :dunno:
...then I thaught the chip must be the wrong way around, turn chip around, tried again...still no go :huh:
...fit old chip back on, no problem, fired up straight away :dunno:
obviously the chip has some sort of brain damage...after all this time I was looking forward to try it out :banghead:

this chip was from FUEL INJECTED MOTORCYCLES
BPS 0% Staintune 907

new chip FBF stage one

Looks like it will be a few weeks before they will send another one, so much for their quality control :wacko:
My FBF chip turned up today (much to the surprise of the other half) and since I have a run to Bathurst on Saturday, thought I might put it on the bike before I go......

The question is...how do I do this, not having done one before I am a little daunted by the task at the moment and hoping its not too difficult.

I think I will have to have a beer and think about it for a while tonight. :beer: :beer:

:? :? :?
Jaffa
'91 907ie (RED)
'78 900 Darmah (RED) (now BLACK and lookin' goooooood)
'82 900 Mike Hailwood Replica

Post by Tamburinifan »

Quite easy.
Just remove ECU, open it & replace chip.
You could buy a special set of pliars that grips it in the best way
or maybe an electrocins/cumputershop can help.
But it is as easy as it looks... :wink:
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07