How I made my Custom Exhaust for Paso 907ie

discussions specific to the 907IE
DonaldoDuck
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: How I made my Custom Exhaust for Paso 907ie

Post by DonaldoDuck »

jcslocum wrote:It really a sweet set up. very nice and looks quite stock.

I do have a very small nit to pick though.... Why didn't you cut off the original exhaust mount rings from the passenger pegs when you did this install and polish the areas that were cut off? :-)
When I take long trips I put my low pipes on so that I can use my saddle bags. It is a 10 minute change. It's hard to "nit pick" when they still have purpose. :thumbup:
paso750 wrote:yep and why didn't you use stainless steel exhaust clamps instead of those black ones ? :)
I powder-coated the original clamps and continue to use them because they too match my stock low pipes. The stock clamps are very strong and functional too.
:cool:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious guys but I do have reasons for for why I do things. You guys crack me up! :lol:
1992 907ie Beauty. Custom high pipes, Pro Italia chip, Barnett performance clutch, Corbin Seat, Stainless brake lines. 35,000 miles. Owned since 1993.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

a perfectionist then would have 2 different pairs of clamps and footrests :mrgreen:

(does powdercoating resist that heat ?!)
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

There is no "PERFECT" bike! NEVER.... :mrgreen:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Thanks for pointing out the obvious guys but I do have reasons for for why I do things. You guys crack me up! :lol:
Come on!! These are not the obvious! We are really paying attention (not being critical at all) and just getting a better understanding of your work and passion. I love the way it looks and works. Are you interested in making more?
Stingray230SX

Post by Stingray230SX »

nicoducati82 wrote:well...I have to say THANKS...you have shown us the most beautiful picture we will ever seen (and for free...hahaha)your bike is really nice!!! I also have a red 907 I.E (1991) where I live...in Argentina (south america)...but I don´t have those mufflers..in fact...do you know where (in the states) could I buy a new exhaust system? But I need just to take mine away and install new...I can´t make any changes...I don´t really know how...and noneone here has the " courage" to do it...maybe Akrapovic...or Two Brothers...or Termignoni...don´t know...a known brand has a special kit specially for this bike...someone told me that Two Brothers has built one...but I think they don´t produce it anymore...
Also...do you hve some information about what happens if I install xenon light? Also...do you know how to install Garmin Zumo on it?
I will appreciate any help you could give me!

See you!
Nicolás
yes, the two brothers website used to list an exhaust system for the 907, with several different exhaust can options(titanium, aluminum, carbon fiber)as well as two sizes(diameters) of the cans.

but it seems as if they now only do the latest models?

maybe if they were called up , they would hve something? i dont know?

if i could i would like to have the pipes that DonaldoDuck made up(very pretty and well made looking)
with the arrow cans as on Tom444's bike(i could probably find those , but i dont have the time nor tools/shop to put together the pipes like DonaldoDuck has fabricated)

very well done , both of you!!!!

doug
1992 907ie #1473 Nero SOLD
1997 Vmax Nero-Blue Flames SOLD
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

picky picky picky :fart:
Outstanding exhaust and only this group would find fault :lol:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie