clutch stack up on my 750(just shoot me and be done with it)

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Johnnie

clutch stack up on my 750(just shoot me and be done with it)

Post by Johnnie »

I know there are a lot of posts on this subject, but I'm still not sure. I took off my clutch carefully so I could match everything up, the problem is the 2 steel disks that have a dot on them. the dots must be there for a reason but mine seem to be in random places (are there specific locations for these 2 disks? (location and orientation, facing in or out?) and is this right to put the notches on the steel disks 90 degrees off set from each other? these were in random locations on mine when I removed them. it may not be critical but I would like to make sure everything is exactly right and of course the manual might as well be written in Italian, oops I guess it is, unfortunatley its the english version that doesnt make much sense
Johnnie

Re: clutch stack up on my 750(just shoot me and be done with it)

Post by Johnnie »

Ok I'm just dumb, I found the clutch stack up thread on FAQ sorry
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

That's what it's there for!

Glad you found it before you had time to shoot.
guzzitech

Post by guzzitech »

FYI, The secret to a happy clutch is to leave ~5mm clearance in the pack with the springs out. If you leave more clearance, it will slip. Less clearance and it will stick. You need extra plates to shim it in or out.

http://www.guzzitech.com/Bimotacagiva/a ... lutch.html

ed
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

I assume you mean I should assemble clutch on to motor without springs and measure 5mm play up and down with the discs???
guzzitech

Post by guzzitech »

You got it. It's that easy.
ed
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

thank you everyone for all the information, its mind boggling how much information was sent my way. The local duc dealer confirmed that I have the right clutch, now I will check total stack up height, clutch pack clearance when installed without springs, then I'll install everything start the bike up , close my eyes and let the clutch out. If I dont post again then I'm probably dead thanks John