oil level sight glass replacement part candidate?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

flattop900

oil level sight glass replacement part candidate?

Post by flattop900 »

Hello...
I was looking through this forum trying to find a source for an oil sight glass. Came across the requried dimensions and did a web search.At http://www.jwwinco.com there is a part # EN 541 that may be a likely candidate. I don't know the operating temperature for the oil in the Pantah motors,so could someone please confirm whether this part will be suitable for our bikes.
Thank you...
R.Berg :thumbup:
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: oil level sight glass replacement part candidate?

Post by paso750 »

I don`t know about that, but there`s a german guy on ebay selling them. The quality is good. I bought a spare some time ago.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-P ... enameZWDVW

G.
flattop900

Post by flattop900 »

Hey...
These parts are imported from Germany and sold in the U.S.A. At $5.26 USD they are worth a look.
Desmo_Demon
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by Desmo_Demon »

There should be a thread somewhere where I mentioned trying to find the sight glasses and ordered some from jwwinco. Without searching for the thread, the ones I bought were 2mm too small in diameter, so they would not screw in. I thought about making an adapter for a smaller size that they offer, but opted not to. Instead, I found a guy parting out a Pantah 650 engine and contacted him about the sight glasses. He had both, so I bought both of them (the oil and timing sight glasses are the same except the timing sight doesn't have a reflector).

The other alternative I was thinking of doing, as my oil sight glass was leaking from a couple of small cracks, was just just swap the oil and timing glasses.

I've got a spare timing sight glass without the reflector and the original oil sight glass with small cracks in it.
2002 Ducati 748 monoposto
1998 Ducati ST2
1996 Suzuki GSXR-1100
1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)